- In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
- China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million ‘educated’ people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!
In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.
You won’t see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it’s too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.
With Guns…………We Are ‘Citizens’.
Without Them……..We Are ‘Subjects’.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard U 1919-1921 & was Naval Attaché to the US 1925-28. Most of our Navy Ships were destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & were ill prepared to defend the country.
It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U. S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U. S. & knew that almost all households had guns.
Draw your own conclusions.
Herself Sez: Yeah, and Switzerland has a totally armed citizenry. Every adult male in Switzerland is required BY LAW, to maintain a working firearm in his home at all times. You might note that during WW II, Switzerland, which is bordered by France, Germany and Italy, was NOT taken over by Germany, or by Italy, although Germany invaded Austria, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, France and the Soviet Union, and Italy cooperated with Germany against France, Greece, and Yugoslavia. Little Switzerland, located in the center of this fracas, was not invaded, despite the fact that a land-link between Germany and Italy would have been strategically beneficial.
Hmmmmm. An armed citizenry prevents invasion. An armed citizenry keeps violent crime at low levels. And armed citizenry increases the opportunity for preventing violent outcomes of assaults. Gee whillikers.
Used to be, high school ROTCs had guns and competed against other high school ROTCs in gunmanship and target shooting matches. When everyone has a gun, gunmanship lessons and competitions can be offered to the citizenry – and misuse of guns will be reduced to a minimum.
Will it prevent all murders and assaults? Of course not! But it will reduce the number to an irreducible minimum. There are always going to be the violent, antisocial cretins out there. And an armed citizenry will discourage most of them from their more violent antisocial behaviors.